CDL Driver Careers
You Deserve the Hoekstra Experience!
At Hoekstra Transportation, it’s good to be a driver! For over 30 years, we have employed the best CDL drivers in the industry. We believe we have the safest, most respected, and most reliable group of drivers out there. Because of this, our elite drivers receive some of the best amenities, wages, and benefits available in the industry!
Ready to join a company that respects its drivers, recognizes talent and retains quality? Apply to Hoekstra Transportation today!
- Top Wages, With a Guaranteed Minimum Weekly Pay and Practical Door-to-Door Miles
- Regular Scheduled Home Time
- Late Model, Personally Assigned Freightliner’s with Homelike Amenities
- Multiple Opportunities for Bonuses (Longevity Bonus, Referral Bonus, Safety Bonus, and Roadside Bonus, etc.)
- Driver Recognition, Appreciation Gifts, Holiday Gifts
- Paid Holidays and PTO Benefits
- Health Insurance, 100% Company Paid Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Supplemental Life, Disability, Critical Illness, Hospital Plans, Prescription Drug Coverage
- Free Rider Program with Leather Air Ride Seats
- 401K Retirement Plans
- 24/7 Driver Support Staff
- Driver Lounge Amenities Including Quiet Room, Shower, Full Kitchen, Dining Room, Great Room w/ Massage Chair and TV.
- Per Diem Available
- Majority Drop and Hook Freight
- Sirius XM
- First Call Rewards Program
- TV, Microwave, and Fridge in Trucks
- Cell phone usage reimbursement program
- No More Than 8 Hours Away from Home
- No Hazmat, No Touch Freight, and No Railyard
- No Northeast/ NYC Routes
Whether It’s a Long Haul or a Local Route, We Always Deliver Excellence
Our drivers enjoy homelike comforts at our base in Kankakee – with reclining chairs and sofas plus a massage chair and TV in our Great Room, to a fully stocked eat-in kitchen, our drivers get access to it all! Our drivers appreciate the clean bathrooms and upscale tiled shower; and our drivers even get an opportunity to relax in our quiet room, complete with soft lighting and comfortable leather reclining chairs.
Recognition Through Respect
- 2002 Truckload Carriers Assn National Fleet Safety Award Excellence in Safety 1st Place
- 2009 NASTC Driver of the Year America’s Best Drivers
- 2009 Armstrong World Industries Elite Carrier Award
- 2015 American Cancer Society Division Driving Out Cancer Relay for Life Team Excellence Award
- 2016 Illinois Trucking Association Good Citizen of the Year Award (to President Steve Hoekstra)
- 2018 Kankakee Chamber of Commerce Technology and Innovation Award
- 2019 Zonta International District 6 Centennial Recognition Award
- 2022 Daily Journal Progress Award
- Multiple Mid-West Truckers Assn Inc. Record Loss Management & Outstanding Member Awards
- State of Illinois Senate Recognition for National Fleet Safety Award
- 2 Year Illinois Professional Truck Driving Championship Participant
- 6-Time Best Fleet to Drive for Finalist
- Daily Journal Readers Choice Best of the Best Award “Best Midsize Employer”
- Disabled American Veterans Appreciation Award