Community Involvement & Charity
When we deliver the Hoekstra Experience, it’s not just to our drivers and customers, but to our community as well. The Hoekstra name has been synonymous with giving back since our family’s early farming days. That’s why, to this day, we continue our tradition of giving out boxes of potatoes every year around the holidays, and we are more driven than ever to give back in any way we can.
From hauling the trailer that houses the Wall that Heals, to volunteering our time at Harbor House, and from donating money to the disaster relief supplies both near and far, to holding the Teens, Trucks, and Traffic safety course event in our facility, when we get involved with community or charity events, we work as a team to Deliver Excellence in the only way we know how, the Hoekstra way!
If you are involved in a group or know of a group that we could partner with or use our support, please contact us! We are always looking for ways in which we can help our community members grow and give back to the incredible organizations that surround us.
Who We’ve Worked With
Below are some of the organizations we’ve partnered, given to, or been involved with:
- Teens Trucks & Traffic
- Gigi’s Playhouse
- Wreaths Across America
- St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund
- Disabled Veterans of America
- Kankakee Chamber of Commerce
- Kids Day on the Farm event by the Kankakee Farm Bureau
- Toys for Tots
- Ronald McDonald House
- The United States Marine Corp
- Harbor House
- The Samuel R. Meyers Foundation for Suicide & Mental Health Awareness
- The Wall that Heals
- United Way of Kankakee & Iroquois Counties
- Olivet Nazarene University
- AshleyCan Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- Relay for Life American Cancer Society – Raised over $100,000
- Manteno Veterans Home
- Kankakee County Center Against Sexual Assault “Walk in Her Shoes” Event
- Local Food Pantries
- Zonta International/ Truckers Against Trafficking
- Children’s Health Organization
- Merchant Street Art Gallery of Artists With Autism
- Local Area Schools, Booster Clubs, and Athletic Clubs
- many many more!