We took Hoekstra Cares to the next level with caring not only for people, but for the planet! With our solar panels, we are generating 85% of our own energy, and our trucks run B11 Biodiesel during the Summer months to cut down on Co2 emissions. We are also a Proud Transport Partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency SmartWay.
The Co2 and environmental impact from our 406 solar modules installed on our roof estimate an output of 163,794 kWh annually. The annual production is equivalent to:
- Annual greenhouse gas emissions from 24.1 passenger vehicles.
- Co2 emissions from 12,956 gallons of gas consumed and 269 barrels of oil.
- Co2 emissions from the electricity use of 17.3 homes for 1 year.
- Carbon sequestered by 2,962 tree seedings grown for 10 years.
- Carbon sequestered annually by 94.6 acres of pine forest.
- Greenhouse gas emissions avoided by recycling 43.2 tons of waste instead of sending it to a landfill.
President Steve Hoekstra discussing Smartway Green Initiative Program